I use the following code to insert multi array to database:
foreach($request->category as $k => $v){
$category[] = array(
"category_id" => $v,
"announcement_id" => $announcement->id
);
}
AnnouncementCategory::insert($category);
So, input data is POST array $request->category.
I need to refactoring this code
I tried this code:
$announcement->categories()->attach($request->category);
In model Announcement I have:
public function categories()
{
return $this->hasMany("App\AnnouncementCategory", "announcement_id", "id");
}
Solved
If you define in your Announcement model relationship like this:
public function categories()
{
return $this->belongsToMany(AnnouncementCategory::class);
}
you can do it like this:
$announcement->categories()->attach($request->category);
EDIT
I see you updated your question and added categories relationship. But looking at your code, AnnounceCategory is rather pivot table, so you should use belongsToMany as I showed instead of hasMany
You can do it in one line if the request matches the columns:
AnnouncementCategory::insert($request->all());
Then in your AnnouncementCategory model, make sure you declare the protected $fillable array where you specify which field could be populated.
Comments
Post a Comment